WHY INCLUDE IT IN MY CLASSROOM?
Engineering is Academic Glue
– it binds complex math and science
concepts to real-world experiences and leads to learning that sticks
Engineering is Creativity
– the need for problem-solving and innovation
brings out the best ideas from every student.
Engineering is Group Work
– students learn to communicate and work
together while they learn math and science by applying engineering
Engineering is Everywhere
– students learn that engineers have
designed, created, or modified nearly everything they touch, wear, eat,
see, and hear in their daily lives.
Engineering is FUN!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR MY STUDENTS?
THE IMPACT ON STUDENTS IS REAL
1. Engineering education advances learning
Project-based learning has been shown to enhance student
understanding of math and science concepts by making them
relevant and more enjoyable.
2. Engineering education bridges classroom lessons to real-world
Concrete and applicable engineering concepts connect what is
learned in school with what goes on in the outside world.